Do you have to have a yahoo email to create a flickr account?

• Thread starter ElliotSmith
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Email
In summary, it seems that having a yahoo email is required to create an account on the photo sharing website flickr, which may be due to yahoo's attempt to connect their services.
ElliotSmith
Is it absolutely imperative to have a yahoo email to create an account on the photo sharing website flickr?

I never cared for yahoo's email service and think that it's silly that I'm being forced to create an account there in order to join tumblr.

There isn't any way around this?

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Where did you hear of this rule?

I tried creating an account there using my aol mail account but it says that I have to use yahoo email.

Go there and see for yourself.

https://www.flickr.com/

I cannot speak for the policies of specific websites or companies. However, I can say that it is not absolutely imperative to have a yahoo email to create an account on Flickr. While it may be the preferred method for the website, there are often alternative options available for account creation. It is always important to carefully review the terms and conditions of any website before creating an account.

1. What is Flickr and why do I need a Yahoo email to create an account?

Flickr is an online image and video hosting platform, where users can upload, share, and organize their visual media. It was acquired by Yahoo in 2005 and has since required users to have a Yahoo email in order to create an account. This is because Flickr is integrated with other Yahoo services, such as Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Groups.

2. Can I use any email address to create a Flickr account?

No, you must have a Yahoo email address to create a Flickr account. If you do not have one, you will need to create one first before signing up for Flickr.

3. Is it possible to change my email address associated with my Flickr account?

Yes, you can change your email address associated with your Flickr account. However, the new email address must also be a Yahoo email.

4. I already have a Yahoo email, but can I use a different email for my Flickr account?

No, your Flickr account must be linked to the same Yahoo email that you used to sign up for the account. If you want to use a different email, you will need to create a new Flickr account using that email address.

5. Can I still access Flickr if I delete my Yahoo email?

No, if you delete your Yahoo email, your Flickr account will also be deleted. This is because your Yahoo email is linked to your Flickr account and is necessary for login and account verification purposes.