1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculus Do you know any books with solved problems on variations?

1. Dec 12, 2016 #1
    Hi folks,

There are plenty of books with theory, but to practice I only found one book by Krasnov. I am looking something like Schaums series for the Calculus of Variations. Do you know if something like that exists?

I want to practice, seting up the problem (the integral), getting the differential equations, solving them, analyzing when it is a min or a max, or if it exists etc.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2016 #2
    Did you check out problem books in mathematics by springer? There's a load of titles available.

4. Dec 13, 2016 #3
    I didn't know those series, thanks for that.

I had a look and apparently there is no specific volume for Variational Calculus, there are some on analysis that may contain a chapter maybe.

5. Dec 23, 2016 #4
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted