Do you know what are these physics-I-lab devices?

• Thread starter Dorea
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses various devices in a lab and their possible applications. The first device appears to function as a centrifuge, the second as a force applicator or height measuring device, and the third device's purpose is unclear. It is suggested that the devices may have been developed to torture grad students who did not improve their grades enough. The third device may also have an electrical component, but its use in combination with electricity is unclear.
Physics news on Phys.org
I think they were developed to torture grad students who didn't improve their grades enough.

1.: You can spin the top quite fast. If the attached metallic things can rotate as the comparison between the two images suggests, it could be used as cheap centrifuge.
2. Something to apply a strong force? A height measuring device?
3. Does the metallic strip look to be so weird on purpose?

mfb said:
1.: You can spin the top quite fast. If the attached metallic things can rotate as the comparison between the two images suggests, it could be used as cheap centrifuge.

Isn't it an electrical device in order to produce a current in combination with something else?!

I don't see how you would use together with electricity.

1. What is the purpose of these physics-I-lab devices?

The purpose of these devices is to aid in conducting experiments and collecting data in the field of physics. Each device is designed for a specific task, such as measuring temperature, velocity, or force.

2. How do I use these physics-I-lab devices?

Each device comes with a user manual that provides detailed instructions on how to set it up and use it for experiments. It is important to carefully follow the instructions to ensure accurate results.

3. Can these physics-I-lab devices be used for other subjects besides physics?

While these devices are primarily designed for use in physics experiments, some of them can also be used in other subjects, such as chemistry or engineering. However, their accuracy and effectiveness may vary depending on the specific subject and experiment.

4. Are these physics-I-lab devices safe to use?

Yes, these devices have been tested and approved for safe use in laboratory settings. However, it is important to always follow safety precautions and guidelines while using them to prevent accidents or injuries.

5. Can I purchase these physics-I-lab devices for personal use?

These devices are typically only sold to educational institutions and research facilities. However, some may be available for purchase to individuals depending on the manufacturer's policies. It is best to contact the manufacturer directly for more information.