DoE SULI Fall 2015: Waiting to Hear Back

In summary, the conversation is about the SULI program and when applicants can expect to hear back about their acceptance. The website states that notifications will begin on or around June 8th and continue until August 3rd. Some participants suggest giving it more time and not getting too anxious, as these types of decisions may take a while. Others mention that being antsy may not be a good fit for a career in science, as it requires a lot of waiting and patience.
Thatcurlyone
I applied for the SULI program for this fall and I'm really antsy to find out if I got in or not. I applied at PNNL and LANL. Has anyone heard back about their acceptance yet?

Physics news on Phys.org
Good heavens. The website says "offer notification period begins on or around" June 8th and goes on until August 3rd. If you are getting this antsy on the 13th, a career in science will drive you stark, raving bonkers.

Vanadium 50 said:
Good heavens. The website says "offer notification period begins on or around" June 8th and goes on until August 3rd. If you are getting this antsy on the 13th, a career in science will drive you stark, raving bonkers.

If being antsy means you aren't fit for science, I should just drop my major now :)

Curly, last summer I roomed with a girl who applied for SULI at LANL in the fall. She heard back (accepted, but had to find her own research mentor) in the middle of July, but only after contacting them. If I were in your position, I'd maybe give them a call around the middle of July.

Give it some time. I applied and was accepted into one of the summer 2015 DOE internships at Fermilab. I didn't get my notification until fairly late in the notification period. Quit being antsy. There's a good chance that you won't hear anything for another month or so.

Keep in mind that the people making these decisions are currently training their summer interns, attending meetings, doing research, and fulfilling their many other obligations. Reviewing applications for interns is relatively low on their list of priorities.

Dishsoap said:
If being antsy means you aren't fit for science, I should just drop my major now

A career in science requires a lot of proposal and application writing. Like I said, if waiting makes you antsy, one's career will be very unpleasant.

1. What is DoE SULI Fall 2015?

DoE SULI Fall 2015 is a program offered by the Department of Energy (DoE) to undergraduate students interested in pursuing research in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.

2. What is the purpose of DoE SULI Fall 2015?

The purpose of DoE SULI Fall 2015 is to provide undergraduate students with hands-on research experience in a DoE laboratory, allowing them to gain valuable skills and knowledge in their chosen STEM field.

3. How do I apply for DoE SULI Fall 2015?

To apply for DoE SULI Fall 2015, you must submit an application through the DoE's online system. The application typically requires personal information, academic transcripts, and letters of recommendation.

4. When will I hear back about my application for DoE SULI Fall 2015?

The timeline for hearing back about your application for DoE SULI Fall 2015 varies depending on the specific program and laboratory you applied to. Generally, applicants can expect to hear back within 4-6 weeks after the application deadline.

5. What happens after I am accepted into DoE SULI Fall 2015?

If you are accepted into DoE SULI Fall 2015, you will be matched with a mentor at a DoE laboratory who will work with you on a research project for 10 weeks. You will also receive a stipend to cover living expenses during the program.