Does a draft of Zeidler's missing volumes of his QFT series exist?

In summary, Zeidler had planned to write a series of six books on QFT, but unfortunately passed away before completing them. However, from the first three volumes, it is evident that he had already outlined the remaining books in the series. The speaker is interested in obtaining a draft of the missing books, even if it may contain errors or missing parts, in order to better understand Zeidler's teaching approach. They speculate that a draft may have been shared among Zeidler's colleagues or students.
jordi
I enjoyed a lot the three first volumes of Zeidler's planned series of 6 books on QFT. Unfortunately, he passed away too soon.

However, it is clear from reading the first three books, that an outline of the next books in the series was already planned.

Is there a draft, containing the basis of some of his missing books? I understand that this would not be a finished product, it could have mistakes, missing parts ... But I would be interested in how Zeidler wanted to teach the subject. I believe that with a basic draft, I could understand that well enough for my purposes.

Maybe such a draft was shared among some of his students/collaborators, and some of them have these drafts?

Physics news on Phys.org
I didn't know that Zeidler passed away. :oldfrown:

• Sad
Likes DarMM and jordi

1. What is Zeidler's QFT series?

Zeidler's QFT series, or "Quantum Field Theory: A Bridge between Mathematics and Physics," is a comprehensive collection of books that aim to bridge the gap between the mathematical and physical aspects of quantum field theory. It covers a wide range of topics including classical and quantum mechanics, relativity, and particle physics.

2. Are there any missing volumes in Zeidler's QFT series?

Yes, there are two missing volumes in Zeidler's QFT series. Volume 3, which covers quantum electrodynamics, and Volume 7, which covers quantum chromodynamics, have not yet been published.

3. Is there a draft of Zeidler's missing volumes?

It is unclear if there is a draft of Zeidler's missing volumes. Some sources suggest that drafts of the missing volumes may exist, but they have not been officially confirmed or released.

4. Why are the missing volumes of Zeidler's QFT series important?

The missing volumes of Zeidler's QFT series are important because they cover important topics in quantum field theory that are not fully addressed in the existing volumes. This includes quantum electrodynamics, which is essential for understanding the behavior of particles in electromagnetic fields, and quantum chromodynamics, which is important for understanding the strong nuclear force.

5. Will the missing volumes of Zeidler's QFT series ever be published?

There is no official information on whether or not the missing volumes of Zeidler's QFT series will be published. However, given the importance of these topics and the popularity of the existing volumes, it is possible that they may be published in the future.