Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does anyone else here like cracked.com?

1. Aug 25, 2010 #1

Gold Member

I've actually found it to be a lot better than most other humor websites, since it actually is pretty good about citing much of the scientific research that gets published by various newspapers - but putting a humorous spin to it. That, and for a humor website, it certainly cites a huge amount of scientific research (oftentimes research I wish more people would get to know - but wouldn't know since science news is so boring to them). It seems to be pretty good about avoiding the pseudoscience (which is something I wouldn't expect from a humor website). I especially liked their "6 Reasons Space Travel Will Always Suck" article. But nonetheless, I often feel ashamed of admitting my fondness for the site, since a lot of other people might be skeptical of the research it cites simply given the humorous bent that the site gives to such research.
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 25, 2010 #2
    I particularly liked the article about http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html" [Broken].
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Aug 26, 2010 #3
    Best website ever. Closely followed by fmylife, nothing better than laughing at other peoples misfortunes.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook