Does anyone know a good supplier for mechanical parts?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a supplier with a big variety of parts and low quantities for a new project. Suggestions for good suppliers were given, including Amazon.com and Grainger Industrial Supply, as well as a list of other industrial supply companies that sell various items. The conversation ends with the person expressing gratitude for the recommendations.
TuviaDaCat
me and my father are working on a new project for his company and we need a supplier which has a big variety of parts and sells for low quantities.

i will be glad if anyone can recommend me on good suppliers =>

Engineering news on Phys.org
tuvia
you can start at Amazon.com
you have to get used to their search engine.
a relative of mine buys from Amazon with no problems so far.
then there's Grainger Industrial Supply.

Good Luck!

average guy said:
then there's Grainger Industrial Supply.
Yep, Grainger is a good one. They are one of a couple of industrial supply companies that sell all sorts of stuff. The other two that come to mind include McMaster Carr and http://www1.mscdirect.com/eCommerce/NavigationServlet?cm_mmc=Didit-_-SEM-_-ItmDtl-_-PypClk&002=2167139&004=2162606344&005=11350792&006=10791330784&007=Search. There are others that are more specific to a certain industry such as power transmission, hydraulics, electronic controls, etc...

A few more...

And, Amazon has a "Industrial & Scientific" section
[https://www.amazon.com/industrial-s...7750?ie=UTF8&node=16310091]&tag=pfamazon01-20

Last edited by a moderator:
wow =O thank you so much! you helped me alot

1. What kind of mechanical parts are you looking for?

There are a wide variety of mechanical parts, including bolts, screws, gears, bearings, and many more. It's important to specify what specific parts you need in order to find the right supplier.

2. How much do the parts cost?

The cost of mechanical parts can vary greatly depending on the type, size, and material. It's best to compare prices from different suppliers to find the most competitive option.

3. Can you recommend a supplier that offers good quality parts?

While I cannot make specific recommendations, it's always a good idea to do some research on potential suppliers. Look for reviews and ratings from previous customers to get an idea of the quality of their products.

4. Do they offer bulk discounts?

Many suppliers offer discounts for bulk orders, so it's worth inquiring about this option. However, keep in mind that sometimes the quality of the parts may be compromised for the sake of a lower price.

5. How long does shipping take?

This can vary depending on the supplier's location and shipping methods. It's always a good idea to ask about estimated shipping times before placing an order to ensure that the parts will arrive when you need them.