What Is the Correct Name for This Animatronic Eye Mechanism Part?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wyatt_Rocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Eye Mechanism
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Wyatt_Rocks
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Hello All. I'm searching for this part and also have video footage of it in motion. I cannot find it to finish the eye mechanism because I don't know what it's called. Can anyone tell me what it is? I would greatly appreciate it. Even companies dealing in such parts as well as metal fittings have steered me wrong. Thanks in advance.
Animatronic%20eye%20sample.jpg


video link: start at 35 second mark.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits
Physics news on Phys.org
I would think it is some kind of ball-socket coupling, or universal joint coupling.

What are you calling it?

Nice video by the way.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wyatt_Rocks
256bits said:
I would think it is some kind of ball-socket coupling, or universal joint coupling.

What are you calling it?

Nice video by the way.
Thank you! That's it!