Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does anyone know how I can make a simple formula sheet using latex?

1. Dec 9, 2012 #1
    So what I would like to have is a landscape page, with a few sections, and then a lot of formulas in each section. I have been googling for over an hour and have not found something that works.

Ideally I would like to be able to label some equations as well, but I could always just do that by hand on my final draft.

I have tried formulasheet.com and it just seems like a huge waste of time. Basically what I want is a template that someone else has made than I can just fire off the formulas and be done!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 9, 2012 #2
    PS I am a total rookie with latex. I can type formulas and other basic stuff like adding pictures and tables and whatnot. That's about it.

4. Dec 10, 2012 #3
    Perhaps something like this? The key thing is that I use the geometry package to make a landscape page, and I also used two columns (see \documentclass). \amssymb is not needed for this document but might be depending on what kind of symbols you want to write.

Let me know if there is something you don't understand. The \eq{} environment is for example something I defined in this document and not a standard environment for math. If you want unnumbered equations, just change from \begin{align} to \begin{align*} in the definition of \eq{}.

Code (Text):
    \documentclass[11pt, twocolumn]{article}
    \usepackage[landscape]{geometry}  
    \usepackage{graphicx}
    \usepackage{amsmath}
    %\usepackage{amssymb}

%%%%% DEFINITION OF NEW COMMANDS %%%%%
    \newcommand{\eq}[1]{\begin{align}#1\end{align}}

\title{Sheet of formulae}
    \author{The Author}
    %\date{}    % Activate to display a given date or no date

\begin{document}
    \maketitle
    \section{Formulas for section 1}
    \eq{E=mc^2}
    \eq{(\partial^2+m^2)\phi(x)=0}
    \eq{\vdots}

\section{Formulas for section 2}

\eq{E=mc^2}
    \eq{\vdots}

\section{Formulas for section 3}

\eq{E=mc^2}
    \eq{\vdots}

\end{document}  

5. Mar 6, 2013 #4
    If I were you, I would try formulasheet.com.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook