Need Geometry Help? Check Out These 5 Questions!

• Thread starter ATCG
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Geometry
In summary, the conversation is about someone needing help with geometry and not having taken a formal course. They are now taking an applied Calculus course and could benefit from learning some geometry theorems and formulas. They ask if there is a good online resource or book to learn geometry. They also mention posting a thread with 5 questions for help.
ATCG
Does anyone need help with geometry? I will be gald to take a stab at some of your questions!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
well i haven't a specific question. But i never took a formal gemometry course. i took algebra 1, then moved to a school with integrated math. Integrated math was terrible, and in its attempt to combine algebra and geometry, it left out a lot. I'm now taking an applied Calculus course, and apparently a lot of our problems would be easier if we knew certain theorems or formulas. So, do you know where, maybe online or something, i could sort of learn geometry?

Geometry Help

Here is a link that might help you learn some of the basics and a couple important theorems. If you want to learn the course at a more in depth level the best thing to do would be to pick up a book on the subject.

Link

hey, i have already posted a new thread that contains 5 questions that you can work on to help me out. I would be glad if you did.

The name of the thread is "Geometry help needed !"
I appreciate your help.
Rahul

What is geometry?

Geometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the shape, size, relative position, and properties of figures and spaces.

Why is geometry important?

Geometry is important because it helps us understand and analyze the world around us. It is used in various fields such as engineering, architecture, art, and physics.

Who uses geometry?

Many professionals use geometry in their work, including architects, engineers, surveyors, and graphic designers. However, anyone can use geometry in their daily lives to solve problems and make decisions.

What are the different types of geometry?

There are several types of geometry, including Euclidean geometry, which deals with flat, two-dimensional shapes, and non-Euclidean geometry, which deals with curved spaces. Other types include projective geometry, differential geometry, and topology.

How can I improve my geometry skills?

To improve your geometry skills, you can practice solving problems and learning new concepts. You can also use online resources and textbooks to further your understanding. Additionally, visual aids such as diagrams and models can help with understanding geometric concepts.