Does have any idea about Robotics

In summary, the conversation involves a person named Rocky Rocks expressing their interest in pursuing a career in robotics, specifically in the field of computer science. They ask for suggestions on how to get started and what books to read. Another person recommends reading books on computer and electrical engineering, as well as exploring different career options in the industry. They also suggest looking for internships in companies related to robotics.
rocky_rocks
Hiiii... Friends

I am engineering student I want to build up my career in Robotics.
my stream is computer science...
can anybody suggest my how to start ?
about books which i should read which could benefit me?...

Physics news on Phys.org
just watch iRobot, that's all you need I think.
actually I don't know much about the topic sorry I can't help more
No that it will help in your studies, but because I think i is interesting you should check out some of Issac Asimov's books

iRobot is useful if we actually could produce such things. But that will take us another century or so.

I would probably recommend you start reading up on books that relate more to computer engineering, and electrical engineering. Maybe even try out some Physics, because I am sure that a lot of the physical type of stuff come from there. I think that if you try to read those types of books and study those fields (not all at once though although they are all connected together) you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

I would also suggest in looking at all the possible career options - like Honda, Sony, and any American based research companies; sorry not sure of any. These things will help you stay up to date on where the field is in terms of actually producing a partial/fully functional robot and what the industry is in real need of. That way you can then plan out your studies and careers to fill in that necessary block or niche.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rocky Rocks. I work with industrial robots, Fanuc mostly. Robotics is a broad field and they are used lots of places. Where in the world are you?

montoyas7940 said:
Hi Rocky Rocks. I work with industrial robots, Fanuc mostly. Robotics is a broad field and they are used lots of places. Where in the world are you?

Thanks... buddy...
for giving concern to my dream
actually my stream is computer science...
so i thought that it would be very nice for me
if i concentrate in the programming part ...

my want to design a robot that can help in the defence department
so if u have any indea about it so please post me ur thought

Hey, you are welcome! What city are you in? Have you tried a google search of the companies in you city that have anything to do with robotics. You may find internships available.

1. What is robotics?

Robotics is a branch of science and engineering that involves the design, construction, operation, and use of robots. Robots are machines that are capable of performing a variety of tasks automatically or with minimal human intervention.

2. What are the different types of robots?

There are several types of robots, including industrial robots, service robots, medical robots, military robots, and educational robots. Each type of robot is designed for a specific purpose and has unique features and capabilities.

3. What are the potential applications of robotics?

Robotics has a wide range of potential applications in various industries and fields, such as manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, agriculture, and space exploration. Robots can be used to perform tasks that are too dangerous, tedious, or difficult for humans.

4. What skills are needed to work in robotics?

Working in robotics requires a combination of skills in engineering, computer science, mathematics, and physics. It is also important to have good problem-solving, critical thinking, and programming skills.

5. How is artificial intelligence related to robotics?

Artificial intelligence (AI) is closely related to robotics as it enables robots to perceive, learn, and make decisions based on data and algorithms. AI is used in various applications of robotics, such as object recognition, path planning, and decision making.