Charlie G
- 115
- 0
After reading a few books on relativity, I came to the conclusion that space and time are "somethings". And that if you removed all matter and energy from the universe space and time, or spacetime, would still remain.
Perhaps I missed something, but in my history book at school I found in a few brief paragraphs that claimed that in relativity theory space and time disappear along with the material objects. I was just hoping that you guys could help clear this up. I am thinking the book is not accurate because it also claims that relativity brought uncertainty into our veiw of the universe, which, in my opinion, doesn't seem to at all.
Perhaps I missed something, but in my history book at school I found in a few brief paragraphs that claimed that in relativity theory space and time disappear along with the material objects. I was just hoping that you guys could help clear this up. I am thinking the book is not accurate because it also claims that relativity brought uncertainty into our veiw of the universe, which, in my opinion, doesn't seem to at all.