Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Does this seem like a good schedule?

1. Oct 19, 2011 #1
    How does this sound?

First Course in Modern Algebra (Abstract Algebra)
    Applied Statistics 2
    Differential Equations

and I need one more course, i'm considering Applied Combinatorics, is that class hard? What exactly is it about?

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2011 #2
    Are you a math major??

The schedule might be a bit light. Statistics and Diff Eq. tend to be really easy. I don't think applied combinatorics will be a problem either. Maybe consider an analysis course as well...

4. Oct 19, 2011 #3
    how many credits are you looking to take? so far how many credits are the listed courses combined? You could throw a gen-ed in there to be a little "stress release" course.

5. Oct 19, 2011 #4
    @micromass: I tried looking fo rone, but not many options.

@Edin: That's 12 credits. Not much I know, but will adding a history class in there be overwhelming? Abstract Algebra is my first upper level math course, and i'm a bit nervous about it.

6. Oct 19, 2011 #5
    for one*

7. Oct 20, 2011 #6
    That would depend on several factors. How much work does the class ask of the student? I took a history course where we didn't have homework or any papers to write. Just read 2 novels, and a chapter a week in the class textbook. We took a quiz on each chapter and a test on the 2 novels. That's it. It wasn't labor intensive just required reading which a person with good time management would be able to handle.

I'm against using rate my professor so I wont say check rate my professor for an easy history prof in your school.

If you include another 3 credit class to your 12 credit course load you'll have 15 which I think you can handle. If anything I'm sure your school has a "drop a course with penalty" date. If you take the class for about a week and you feel you can't handle the load just drop it before the deadline and your transcript wont have a scratch.

8. Oct 23, 2011 #7
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from, I'm going to check out the history courses offered, hope I can find something not too overwhelming. Thank you for your help!

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook