How Do You Calculate the Thrust of a Rocket at Takeoff?

• Thread starter kmax12
  • Start date
In summary, when starting a research project, it is important to clearly define the scope of your study by identifying your research question, setting objectives, and considering factors like time and resources. There are various resources available to help you get started, including books, articles, and experts. To narrow down your research topic, you can brainstorm, conduct preliminary research, or consult with others. The best methods for gathering information will depend on your topic and can include surveys, interviews, experiments, and literature reviews. Finally, creating a research plan with a timeline and specific tasks is crucial for successfully completing your project.
kmax12
Calculate the force exerted on a rocket, given that the propelling gases are expelled at a rate of 1200 kg/s with a speed of 39700 m/s (at the moment of takeoff).

DO i just multiply? do i have to take gravity into consideration?

Physics news on Phys.org
Use conservation of energy along with Newton's third law.

so i muliply 1200 and 39700 to get the reaction force , that equals 47,640,000. Is that my answer

1. How do I determine the scope of my research?

The first step in starting a research project is to clearly define the scope of your study. This includes identifying your research question or problem, setting specific objectives, and determining the boundaries of your study. Consider factors such as time, resources, and feasibility when determining the scope of your research.

2. What resources are available to help me get started?

There are a variety of resources available to help you get started with your research. These may include books, articles, databases, online tools, and experts in your field. Consult with your supervisor or colleagues for recommendations on the most useful resources for your specific research topic.

3. How do I narrow down my research topic?

If you are struggling to narrow down your research topic, consider brainstorming ideas, conducting preliminary research, or discussing with your supervisor or peers. You can also try using keywords and synonyms to refine your topic and make it more specific. Remember to choose a topic that is interesting and manageable within the scope of your research.

4. What are the best methods for gathering information?

The methods for gathering information will depend on your research topic, but some common methods include conducting surveys, interviews, experiments, and literature reviews. Consider the advantages and limitations of each method and choose the most appropriate one for your research objectives.

5. How do I create a research plan?

A research plan outlines the steps you will take to complete your research project. It should include a timeline, specific tasks, and the resources needed. Start by identifying the key elements of your research, such as the research question, methodology, and data analysis. Then, create a schedule and allocate time for each task. Be sure to regularly review and adjust your plan as needed.