Doubt in plotting graph between small and large values

In summary: I will now proceed with my original question.In summary, the OP is asking how to plot these points in the same graph and find the forward bias and reverse bias dynamic resistance for the SILICONE DIODE IN4001.
Avanthica
Homework Statement
draw the graph between the voltage and the current and hence find the dynamic resistance of the diode for both forward and reverse bias condition.
Relevant Equations
∆𝑅=∆𝑉/∆𝐼
how to plot these points in the same graph and find the foward biasand reverse bias dynamic resistance for the SILICONE DIODE IN4001
FORWARD BIAS REVERSE BIAS

1602092662235.png
1602092993937.png

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Avanthica said:
Homework Statement:: draw the graph between the voltage and the current and hence find the dynamic resistance of the diode for both forward and reverse bias condition.
Relevant Equations:: ∆𝑅=∆𝑉/∆𝐼

how to plot these points in the same graph and find the foward biasand reverse bias dynamic resistance for the SILICONE DIODE IN4001

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/270565 https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/270567
Your attachments are not working. Do they show your work toward the solutions?

Avanthica said:
Homework Statement:: draw the graph between the voltage and the current and hence find the dynamic resistance of the diode for both forward and reverse bias condition.
Relevant Equations:: ∆𝑅=∆𝑉/∆𝐼

View attachment 270576 View attachment 270578
Are you asking how to plot both sets of data in one graph? I don't think you are being asked to do that. They’re two separate graphs.

haruspex said:
Are you asking how to plot both sets of data in one graph? I don't think you are being asked to do that. They’re two separate graphs.
thank you sir for taking time to respond to my doubt. but sir it is asked to plot both the data's in a single graph. in that case what scale will be suitable to plot the data's. both the data's given are for same silicon diode IN4001

berkeman said:
Your attachments are not working. Do they show your work toward the solutions?
It shows the data's for plotting the graph sir
forward bias revrse bias
1602141891657.png
1602141946590.png

is it now working sir?

Avanthica said:
it is asked to plot both the data's in a single graph
Not the way I read it: (draw the graph between the voltage and the current and hence find the dynamic resistance of the diode) for both forward and reverse bias condition.

haruspex said:
Not the way I read it: (draw the graph between the voltage and the current and hence find the dynamic resistance of the diode) for both forward and reverse bias condition.
Ok sir thank you so much

Likes berkeman

1. Why is it important to plot graphs for both small and large values?

Plotting graphs for both small and large values allows us to see the relationship between variables at different scales. It can also help us identify any patterns or trends that may not be visible when only plotting for a certain range of values.

2. How do I determine the appropriate scale for my graph?

The scale of a graph should be determined based on the range of values for the variables being plotted. It is important to choose a scale that allows for clear visualization of the data without any distortion or exaggeration.

3. Can I use the same scale for both small and large values on a graph?

It is not recommended to use the same scale for both small and large values on a graph. This can lead to distortion and make it difficult to accurately interpret the data. It is best to use different scales or a logarithmic scale when plotting for a wide range of values.

4. How can I avoid misleading the reader when plotting for small and large values?

To avoid misleading the reader, it is important to clearly label the axes and provide a scale that accurately represents the data. It is also helpful to include a legend or annotations to explain any changes in scale or breaks in the graph.

5. Are there any specific techniques for plotting graphs with small and large values?

There are several techniques that can be used when plotting graphs with small and large values. These include using a logarithmic scale, breaking the graph into smaller sections with different scales, and using a combination of line and bar graphs to show the relationship between variables at different scales.