Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dream Chalk (not a pipe dream anymore!)

1. Aug 26, 2013 #1
    I have recently purchased a box of Hagoromo Fulltouch chalk, the so called "dream chalk". It has only been available for purchase in the US since spring 2012, but its merits have been known for longer. So heads up, heavy chalk users :)

I'm posting because I am looking for a picture I thought I saw once that was "advertising" this chalk. It was a comical poster, with quotes like "proofs write themselves" and silly things like that. I saw this on the internet once somewhere. Has anyone else seen it? I would like to find the picture and print it out to "advertise" this chalk in my math department.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 26, 2013 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Hagoromo Fulltouch is the best! I've smuggled some back from Japan in the past.

Wish I could help you on the poster.

4. Aug 26, 2013 #3
    What makes this chalk so special?

5. Aug 26, 2013 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

6. Dec 3, 2015 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I am sad to report that Hagoromo Bungo has gone out of business. There is no more Fulltouch chalk being manufactured.

7. Dec 3, 2015 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Did whiteboards kill them?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook