1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dual Core Physics/Engineering Pre-engineering question

1. Nov 8, 2011 #1
    I've recently been applying to colleges and looking at many of the universities dual core physics/engineering options, however, one of them also offer a "Pre-engineering" program. My question is simply: should I or should I not enter that program, or will the dual core physics/engineering option be sufficient?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 9, 2011 #2
    Not entirely sure what a dual core physics/engineering program entails, however, it sounds similar to Engineering Physics. Why don't you research the program yourself, as I, nor anyone else can pick for you.

4. Nov 9, 2011 #3
    Some of these interdisciplinary programs sound enticing... but may not be accredited, so I'm always a little skeptical. They might be ways of making a different "core" curriculum... but as an undergraduate student you should always look to expand your studies beyond the core minimum that is expected of you into complementary coursework. I lean towards trying to go for a full dual major of physics and some type of engineering (say electrical) at first... and dropping down into one of the two or something with a different core (say like the program you seem to refer to or an engineering physics program) only if you find that completing both isn't working for your time or interests.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook