Easy Trig question involving pitch of roof

  • Thread starter Thread starter MACHO-WIMP
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Pitch Trig
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
MACHO-WIMP
Messages
42
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


The roof of a ski cabin has a steep pitch to help snow slide off. What angle does the roof make with the horizontal?


Homework Equations


SOH CAH TOA


The Attempt at a Solution


I don't really know where to start considering I have no numbers to play around with so, any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
MACHO-WIMP said:

Homework Statement


The roof of a ski cabin has a steep pitch to help snow slide off. What angle does the roof make with the horizontal?

Homework Equations


SOH CAH TOA

The Attempt at a Solution


I don't really know where to start considering I have no numbers to play around with so, any recommendations would greatly be appreciated.
Right!

There must be more to it than this !
 
SammyS said:
Right!

There must be more to it than this !

I'm pretty sure the answer is 48° but that is because my worksheet is set up where it gives the answers and eventually you solve a riddle, however I don't know how I would get to it. So should I just ask my teacher tomorrow?
 
Probably, because the problem is unsolvable the way it is right now.