Thanks for replies. Of course there are gas instant water heaters, hundreds of makes, sizes, volume capacities... What I'm proposing is an apparatus that anyone with a gas cooker, or small fire, could inexpensively use, where no other hot water source is available. Also, maybe so simple a design it could be home- made by anyone with some copper pipe and tin?- for eg. And ideally more efficient than heating water in a pot on the stove/fire!? That I don't know? Just how economical in terms of heat transfer, fuel consumption and financially? The "cap" serves to concentrate the heat and circulate it around the coils, rather than just having the heat from underneath(or sides)! The coils could even be incorporated into the "cap" like a water-jacket. Conventional instant gas water heaters, are housed in casings.It would probably increase the efficiency dramatically.Here's another pic - of coils in a casing (like a prototype) (conceptually). As I think about it more and more I'm becoming aware of other design considerations and potentials... the connections, especially to the hot water pipe might need some kind of pressure valve or special fittings; that could otherwise be quite dangerous!? Of course, the diameter of the pipe, the length of pipe in coil receiving heat, would have to be determined.(the diagrams are not really to scale exactly)(& here it's not symetrical)