Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Efimov 3-body theory experimentally proven

1. Dec 16, 2009 #1

turbo

Gold Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20091216/sc_livescience/strangephysicaltheoryprovedafternearly40years;_ylt=AkqB2UImPjRiYu5ibWcOgQys0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTRxaGZvMDN0BGFzc2V0A2xpdmVzY2llbmNlLzIwMDkxMjE2L3N0cmFuZ2VwaHlzaWNhbHRoZW9yeXByb3ZlZGFmdGVybmVhcmx5NDB5ZWFycwRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzgEcG9zAzUEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNzdHJhbmdlcGh5c2k- [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 16, 2009 #2
    That's pretty cool. "Experimental proof" is still one of my favorite fallacies, but it's cool nonetheless :wink:. Go science?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Dec 16, 2009 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Maybe "proof" is a strong word, but in this case, it may be justified because of another critical verification.

It's one thing to have general experimental verification of an idea, and another level entirely (IMO) to have quantified the concept, and have the quantification verified by experiment. That's pretty impressive.

5. Dec 16, 2009 #4
    I am impressed. I do think it's pretty cool and is definitely good science. The experimental proof comment had nothing to do with the topic mentioned. I was just commenting on the wording (you weren't the only one to use it). It's that formal logic sequence they made me take in school. Sorry!

6. Dec 17, 2009 #5
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook