1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electrical resistivity methodology

1. Aug 11, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

anyone can give me the methodology to do the lab test about the electrical resistivity, porosity, saturation index and salinity of soil

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 11, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Re: methodology

What do you know so far? We do not do your school projects for you here at the PF.

4. Aug 12, 2009 #3

that is my project title...but i cant search any methodology related to the saturation index and salinity of saturating solution of soil...
    pls help me....

5. Aug 12, 2009 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

When you are told to design an experiment, and that you may use the Internet as a resource to help you, they do not mean for you to go to a web forum and have your assignment done for you. They mean for you to use Google, wikipedia, Wolfram Alpha, and other research tools, and for you to then design the experiment yourself.

We will not do your work for you here. If you are having a specific problem or question in your design of the experiment ("how do I avoid contaminating my sample as I do this set of steps...?"), then the PF is an appropriate place to ask that question (after you have posted all of your work so far).

I googled lab experiment methodology, and got bzillions of hits. Here's the first one -- it's pretty good, and should get you going quite well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experiment

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook