Embedding Google Sheets Now Available

• Announcement
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, you can now easily embed your Google Sheets into PF by following three simple steps. First, click the green share button in the document interface. Then, click "Get shareable link" and copy the resulting link. Finally, paste the link into the PF post editor and it will be transformed. This is a great improvement, but in the long term, it would be beneficial to have a more independent method for embedding documents from any website. Google's tactics in dominating standards should be approached with caution. This is just the personal opinion of the speaker.
You can now embed your Google Sheets (Excel) into PF (working on docs and slides). 3 Easy Steps!

Step 1: Click the green share button at the top right of the document interface

Step 2: Click "Get shareable link" (also turns on link sharing automatically)

Step 3: Copy the resulting link (automatically copied to clipboard) and paste directly into PF post editor. PF will transform the link.

Result

• Love
  • Informative
Likes scottdave, anorlunda, OmCheeto and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
This is a great improvement but I would like to, in the long term, make sure this is provide independent... i.e. documents on any website can be similarly embedded provided it adheres to some freely licensed standard. Google has learned from Microsoft some of the dirty tricks one may use to dominate other peoples' standards. We shouldn't freak out about it but should always have a mild resistance to "too many eggs in one (other person's) basket.

Just a not-so-humble-opinion of mine.

What is "Embedding Google Sheets Now Available"?

"Embedding Google Sheets Now Available" is a new feature offered by Google that allows users to easily embed Google Sheets into their websites or documents.

How do I embed a Google Sheet?

To embed a Google Sheet, simply go to the "File" menu in your Google Sheet and select "Publish to the web." Then, click on the "Embed" tab and copy the generated code. You can then paste this code into your website or document.

What are the benefits of embedding a Google Sheet?

Embedding a Google Sheet allows for easy sharing and collaboration with others, as well as the ability to update the embedded sheet in real-time. It also allows for a more visually appealing presentation of data on your website or document.

Is embedding Google Sheets free?

Yes, embedding Google Sheets is completely free. However, keep in mind that the data in the embedded sheet will still be subject to the sharing and privacy settings of the original Google Sheet.

Can I embed a Google Sheet into any website or document?

Yes, as long as the website or document supports HTML code, you can embed a Google Sheet into it. Some platforms may have specific instructions for embedding, so it is always best to check with their guidelines first.