Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Embryonic Stem Cell Research Ethics

1. good

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. bad

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. idk, depends on the situation...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Oct 18, 2009 #1
    OK, here's the deal: I was wondering, "what is the general opinion, ethically, on embryonic stem cell research?"
    so, I made a poll
    When you vote, use your own opinion, and afterwards, post what you voted and why. please be informed, or don't vote/post.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 18, 2009 #2

ideasrule

Homework Helper

Why do you want to start a poll here? If you're interested in public opinion, there are a lot of professional, randomly-sampled, carefully-worded polls whose results are already available. See http://www.pollingreport.com/science.htm, for example, and search for "stem cell".

4. Oct 22, 2009 #3
    I agree with the poster above. This is a website targeted to the more academically inclined. You will likely find an overwhelming support for stem cell and embryonic line research here. Anyways, why do you want to know the general opinion? The agreement of the masses tells you nothing about the actual moral/scientific value of a subject.

5. Oct 29, 2009 #4
    Embryos for embryonic Stem Cells come exclusively from Fertility Clinics (right?). If they are not used for research they will eventually be destroyed anyway. If you don't like what is going on, then you should attack the source of the problem: the fertility clinics and not what is down stream: the embryonic stem cell research.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook