Engineering Internships in Philadelphia - Paid Positions

In summary, the person is seeking advice on finding a paid internship in electrical engineering in the Philadelphia area. They have already applied to one company and are looking for websites or suggestions on other places to apply. They also mention their qualifications and ask for any recommendations or resources for finding internships.
rhoadsy74
Hi everyone,

I am trying to apply for an internship for electrical engineering and was wondering if anyone knew of any good paid internships around the Philadelphia area?

I have already applied to Lockheed Martin and some of the places I looked were looking for graduate students. If you have any websites to look for places or have any places in mind that would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Your chances of finding someone who lives in the Philadelphia area who is studying electrical engineering and has an internship on this forum is pretty low, I suggest looking online and searching around and not putting too much hope into someone here knowing.

Judging from your other posts, you are in your first physics course and don't know anything about circuits, how do you expect to get an internship as a freshman?

Im a sophmore first off. I had a four week career study with lockheed martin amd I already took digital electronics in high school and I am taking digital logic this semster I am in my major courses. So requirments are not a problem.

I was looking for any suggestions on where I could apply or any websites that offer a bunch of internships position that were posted by the company.

1. What is the duration of engineering internships in Philadelphia?

The duration of engineering internships in Philadelphia can vary depending on the company and the specific internship program. Some internships may last for a few months, while others may span over a year. It is important to carefully review the internship description and duration before applying.

2. How much do engineering internships in Philadelphia pay?

The pay for engineering internships in Philadelphia can also vary depending on the company and the type of internship. However, most paid internships in this field offer a competitive salary or hourly rate. Some internships may also offer additional benefits such as housing or transportation stipends.

3. What types of engineering internships are available in Philadelphia?

There are a variety of engineering internships available in Philadelphia, including mechanical, electrical, civil, and chemical engineering internships. You can also find internships in specialized fields such as biomedical, environmental, or computer engineering. It is important to research and apply for internships that align with your interests and career goals.

4. Are engineering internships in Philadelphia only open to students?

No, engineering internships in Philadelphia are not exclusively for students. While many internships are designed for students currently enrolled in an engineering program, there are also opportunities for recent graduates and individuals looking to gain experience in the field. It is important to carefully review the eligibility requirements for each internship before applying.

5. How can I increase my chances of getting an engineering internship in Philadelphia?

To increase your chances of getting an engineering internship in Philadelphia, it is important to have a strong academic background in engineering, relevant experience through projects or previous internships, and a well-written resume and cover letter. Networking and attending career fairs can also help you connect with potential internship opportunities in the city.