Where Can a Green Card Holder Find Aerospace Engineering Internships in Michigan?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Sai Nandyala
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Hi people of this forum,

I have a serious issue at hand right now. I am currently a 3rd year Bachelor student of the Aerospace Engineering at SRM Universty, India. I will be entering my Master's in Aerospace Engineering at the University of Dayton in the fall of 2016 under a Dual-Degree program at SRM. I am a permanent resident of the US (green card holder) and would like to join any aerospace organization to improve my skills as well as to make some money during the summer of 2016 to assist my master's funding.

I need suggestions on where to apply (either a job or an internship).
1. Is it easy for green card holders to get aerospace jobs both in the public and private sector?.
2. I am from the state of Michigan and please let me know if you have any ideas about companies that i can apply to in the Detroit area.
3. How had is master's in aerospace engineering?
4. The UD Aerospace offers emphasis on structures, design, propulsion, and fluids. Among these which is the easiest or the hardest. Which is worth taking for the current market growth and which is the best for active learning.
5. I have nearly 3 months of summer to spare before my semester begins at UD? What exactly do I do by then? (I will be in the US by June)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The job market in Detroit is poor right now. In aerospace engineering, you would be much better served with a nation wide search.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: praveena
I have lived in Detroit for nearly 10 years now so I really want to work close to the place. I do find some aerospace companies such as BAE Systems and Raytheon entering the market but I heard it's really difficult to land a job in those.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: praveena