Entanglement carrying data variant

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of entanglement and its relationship to data transfer. The participants consider a scenario where Alice and Bob share a singlet state and Alice makes a measurement that Bob can use to determine her future actions. However, it is concluded that this is not a form of communication, but rather just a coordination of actions.
valleyman
I know this might has be posted a lot of times and I should know why entanglement doesn't carry data but this time I've thought something different.
I know that if Alice and Bob share a singlet state and Alice measures her particle' spin she can't communicate anything to Bob because she can't determine what value she will measure so there shouldn't be any data transfer. But what if Alice says before to Bob "measure ur particle after i measure mine, if ur result will be UP (therefore mine will be DOWN) I'll kill Schrodinger's cat, in the other case if your measurement will be DOWN i won't kill it".
So even if she can't determine her future action Bob is allowed to know what's happening on Alice's side *istantaneously*. This isn't like Bob tossing a coin, because even if the result of the measurement is random on Alice's side, Bob will know with absolute certainty Alice's actions.

Where am I wrong?

Physics news on Phys.org
In that case, its the same as if they flipped a coin, didn't look at the result---but both took pictures of the result, and looked at them separately once they were further apart... you're not getting any information transfer from it, it just coordination.

What is entanglement carrying data variant?

Entanglement carrying data variant is a concept in quantum physics where two particles become connected in such a way that the state of one particle affects the state of the other, even when they are physically separated. This allows for the transfer of information between the particles, making them useful for quantum communication and computing.

How is entanglement carrying data variant different from traditional data transmission?

Traditional data transmission relies on the movement of particles, such as electrons, through a physical medium like copper wires. Entanglement carrying data variant, on the other hand, does not require any physical movement of particles and allows for instantaneous communication over long distances.

Can entanglement carrying data variant be used for secure communication?

Yes, entanglement carrying data variant has been proposed as a way to achieve secure communication. This is because any attempt to intercept or measure the particles would disrupt their entangled state, alerting the sender and receiver to potential eavesdropping.

What are the challenges in utilizing entanglement carrying data variant for practical applications?

One of the biggest challenges is maintaining the entangled state of the particles over long distances and in different environments. Additionally, the technology for creating and manipulating entangled particles is still in its early stages and requires further development before it can be used for practical applications.

How is entanglement carrying data variant being used in current research and technology?

Entanglement carrying data variant is being explored for use in quantum communication, quantum cryptography, and quantum computing. Scientists are also using entangled particles to study fundamental principles of quantum mechanics and to test theories of entanglement and non-locality.