ERASMUS in Coimbra: Physics at the University of Coimbra

  • Thread starter Thread starter IRobot
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
IRobot
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I am currently learning physics in Paris, at the university of Paris 6, fundamental physics I should precise and it's my fourth year. I would like to pass my second semester in a foreign country, but still in Europe. I am currently looking to the university of Coimbra, their department of Physics seems nice. I getting really interested in this course: http://www.fis.uc.pt/gb/ensino/plf5_fnp.php . Does anybody knows this university?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Coimbra is the oldest university in Portugal. It used to serve as higher education for the portuguese colonies (Brazil) during one time period. I've never been there, but I've a couple of friends with degrees from Coimbra. I think they are well prepared.
 
I'm from portugal but I'm not on college yet. Anyways, from what I've heard, from friends and so, coimbra has a great academic spirit.

You can ask me some direct questions and i'll try to find out the answer for you.
 
Coïmbra is very nice as a city, has nice student festivals (Queima das Fitas is great!), but the physics department didn't really impress me that much for what I can remember. But those memories are blurred by alcohol.