Erasmus studentship at University of Warsaw

• Thread starter pepediaz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    University
In summary, the conversation is about a person who has been offered an opportunity to go on an Erasmus studentship in Warsaw, Poland for their last year of studying Bsc in Physics. They are looking for information about the University of Warsaw, specifically in terms of difficulty, course organization, and language of instruction. @Borek is suggested as a good source of information. It is mentioned that having a year abroad is beneficial for both academic and industry careers. The person providing the summary doubts that physics will be much different in Warsaw and believes that the university and department of physics are highly regarded in Poland. However, they cannot provide personal experience as they have not studied there. Overall, it is recommended as a good place to study physics in
pepediaz
Hey there!

I am offered to go on an Erasmus studentship to Warsaw on September. I am studying Bsc in Physics and that will be my last year. I was willing to know some reference about the University of Warsaw (concretely, Physics) in terms of difficulty, how the courses are organised, and some more information you may fancy to tell me, as I have surfed the web and haven't seen any opinion or experience on that programme on Warsaw's University.

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe @Borek is the best one to ask here. In which language will be the courses?

It is in general a positive mark on your vita if you have a year abroad. If you pursue an academic career, then you can collect new contacts and perhaps have a publication. If you pursue a career in an industry, then it signals that you're not afraid of working elsewhere, even despite some language issues. Both is welcome for companies.

I doubt that physics will be much different.

Last edited:
Likes pepediaz
I have been said that it is contemplated to provide foreign students with resources in English, so i suppose that I will do everything in English.

I am afraid despite working in the past at Warsaw University and despite living in Warsaw I have not much to say.

What I do know: Junior studied there about 15 years ago and was quite happy with that, I don't think much has changed since. I would not expect any language problems. In general Warsaw University in one of the best in Poland and Department of Physics was always one of the best depts there. If the question was "Where to study physics in Poland?" that would be my first suggestion, but I have no idea how it compares to schools abroad.

Likes fresh_42 and pepediaz

1. What is the application process for the Erasmus studentship at University of Warsaw?

The application process for the Erasmus studentship at University of Warsaw typically involves submitting an online application form, providing a transcript of your academic records, a motivation letter, and a recommendation letter from a professor or academic advisor. You may also be required to provide proof of language proficiency and a copy of your passport.

2. What are the eligibility requirements for the Erasmus studentship at University of Warsaw?

To be eligible for the Erasmus studentship at University of Warsaw, you must be a student at a higher education institution in a participating country, have completed at least one year of study at your home institution, and have a good academic standing. You must also meet any additional requirements set by your home institution and the University of Warsaw.

3. What are the benefits of participating in the Erasmus studentship at University of Warsaw?

The Erasmus studentship at University of Warsaw offers a unique opportunity to study abroad and gain international experience. You will have the chance to immerse yourself in a new culture, improve your language skills, and expand your academic knowledge. Additionally, the program provides a monthly stipend to help cover living expenses and may also cover travel costs.

4. Can I choose my courses and study program at the University of Warsaw?

Yes, as an Erasmus student at the University of Warsaw, you will have the opportunity to choose your courses and create your own study program. However, it is important to consult with your home institution and the University of Warsaw to ensure that your chosen courses will transfer back to your home institution and fulfill any requirements for your degree.

5. Are there any cultural and social activities for Erasmus students at University of Warsaw?

Yes, the University of Warsaw offers a variety of cultural and social activities for Erasmus students, such as language courses, cultural events, and student organizations. There are also many opportunities to explore the city of Warsaw and its surrounding areas, as well as travel to other parts of Poland and Europe. The university also has a mentor program to help international students adjust to life in Warsaw.