Erasmus studentship at University of Warsaw

  • Thread starter Thread starter pepediaz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    University
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
pepediaz
Messages
49
Reaction score
5
Hey there!

I am offered to go on an Erasmus studentship to Warsaw on September. I am studying Bsc in Physics and that will be my last year. I was willing to know some reference about the University of Warsaw (concretely, Physics) in terms of difficulty, how the courses are organised, and some more information you may fancy to tell me, as I have surfed the web and haven't seen any opinion or experience on that programme on Warsaw's University.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe @Borek is the best one to ask here. In which language will be the courses?

It is in general a positive mark on your vita if you have a year abroad. If you pursue an academic career, then you can collect new contacts and perhaps have a publication. If you pursue a career in an industry, then it signals that you're not afraid of working elsewhere, even despite some language issues. Both is welcome for companies.

I doubt that physics will be much different.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pepediaz
I have been said that it is contemplated to provide foreign students with resources in English, so i suppose that I will do everything in English.
 
I am afraid despite working in the past at Warsaw University and despite living in Warsaw I have not much to say.

What I do know: Junior studied there about 15 years ago and was quite happy with that, I don't think much has changed since. I would not expect any language problems. In general Warsaw University in one of the best in Poland and Department of Physics was always one of the best depts there. If the question was "Where to study physics in Poland?" that would be my first suggestion, but I have no idea how it compares to schools abroad.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42 and pepediaz