• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Other Errata for Greiner's Series on Theoretical Physics

Hi.

The #1 complaint about the Greiner series are the typos. It's a shame how it undermines the potential of this series which is, otherwise, highly acclaimed. Do you know where errata for any of these volumes can be found? Or perhaps those who have read some of the books could share their own corrections so we can gather all of them in one place.

I would appreciate your replies.

berkeman

Mentor
Is it because of the translations from German to English, or were the typos in the original German books too?

My Google Search didn't find any errata for this series. Have you tried contacting Springer?

My god... Glad someone asked. I've also been searching for the errata but with no luck. I really hope someone could compile or the publisher should have been more responsible with this since they are destroying a gem here!

Is it because of the translations from German to English, or were the typos in the original German books too?

My Google Search didn't find any errata for this series. Have you tried contacting Springer?
I believe it is due to poor revision of the translations. One review on amazon mentions that, occasionally, the sentences are a bit strange on that volume because they were translated. But the real problem seems to be the typos in the formulas. The volumes that have new editions do not have as many typos. But it is a big complaint about the other volumes.

I did not contact Springer. But if they had erratas for this series they would probably publish them, like they do with other books. Their website does not have errata for these volumes.

Last edited: