Error messages trying to read a thread

• Bug
  • Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses problems with entering the Asperger thread in medical science due to errors with the RSS feed. The warnings are noted as an aftereffect and potential solutions are suggested. It is mentioned that the feed may not be working and could potentially be fixed with some coding. The conversation also mentions the difficulty in filtering out the relevant message from the background noise.
Andre
Problems entering the Asperger thread in medical science. I get this instead:

Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (not well-formed (invalid token) at line 22, column 178) in [path]/magpierss/rss_fetch.inc on line 238

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 17

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 18

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 24

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 25

Warning: MagpieRSS: Failed to parse RSS file. (not well-formed (invalid token) at line 22, column 178) in [path]/magpierss/rss_fetch.inc on line 238

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 17

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 18

Warning: array_slice() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 24

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 25

======================
vBulletin Message
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/physicsf/public_html/includes/class_core.php
Line: 3242

Physics news on Phys.org
Andre said:
Problems entering the Asperger thread in medical science. I get this instead:

From what I remember it happens when RSS feed fails to answer fast enough (timeouts). All those warnings are just an aftereffect.

Which makes me wonder - Greg, it looks like the problem is an empty table - can't it be filled with some dummy values if the feed doesn't work? Problem repeats often enough so that it can be worth half an hour of coding.

Wha'd'ya expect? It's the Asperger thread.

It can't filter the message from the background noise...

1. Why am I getting an error message when trying to read a thread?

There are several possible reasons for this error message. It could be due to a technical issue with the website or server, a problem with your internet connection, or an issue with your device's browser or settings. It could also be caused by an error in the code of the thread itself.

2. How can I fix the error message when trying to read a thread?

The first step in fixing this error is to try refreshing the page or clearing your browser's cache and cookies. If that doesn't work, you can try accessing the thread on a different device or browser. If the issue persists, it may be a problem with the website or server, in which case you should contact the website administrator for assistance.

3. Is there a way to prevent these error messages from occurring?

Unfortunately, there is no foolproof way to prevent error messages from occurring when trying to read a thread. However, you can reduce the likelihood of encountering errors by ensuring your internet connection is stable, keeping your browser and device up to date, and avoiding accessing the thread during peak traffic times.

4. Are error messages when trying to read a thread a common issue?

Error messages when trying to read a thread can occur from time to time, but they are not a widespread or common issue. Most websites have measures in place to prevent errors, and issues are typically resolved quickly by the website's technical team.

5. What should I do if I continue to receive error messages when trying to read a thread?

If you continue to receive error messages when trying to read a thread, it is best to reach out to the website administrator for assistance. They will be able to investigate the issue and provide a solution. It is also helpful to provide them with any error codes or messages you are receiving, as this can help pinpoint the problem.