Error: no plot because it would be empty, using mcnpx

In summary, the conversation is about someone asking for help with a problem they are having with mcnpx. They have created a file with various elements and are trying to plot the dose and fluence using Moritz, but are encountering an error. Another person interjects with a separate issue about running moritz on their PC. The original poster is advised to start a new thread with their question and provide more information.
hu94mcnpx
Hello everyone!

I would like to ask you if anyone can help me solving my Problem with mcnpx. I created a file with a watertank, a nozzle and a slit blend on the surface. I also inserted a protonbeam and would like to plot the dose and fluence for examplte with Moritz. But when I execute the file the error: "no plot because it would be empty" shows up. I hope anyone can help me. The file runs but I just have the Problem with plotting the dose and fluent.

Thank you!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hello everyone!
Pb to run moritz from a given PC

thnks in advance for help
Thibaut

in fact exe in seen in the taskmanager but not GUI open..

Please start a new thread with your question, rather than adding your new question onto the end of a years-old thread. Please also give much more information in your new thread start, since your posts below make basically no sense as written. Thank you.

ThibautVincho said:
Hello everyone!
Pb to run moritz from a given PC

thnks in advance for help
Thibaut
ThibautVincho said:
in fact exe in seen in the taskmanager but not GUI open..

1. What does "Error: no plot because it would be empty, using mcnpx" mean?

This error message indicates that no data is available to generate a plot using the Monte Carlo N-Particle eXtended (MCNPX) software. This could be due to a problem with the input data or settings, or it could mean that the simulation did not produce any results.

2. How can I fix this error?

The first step in fixing this error is to check the input data and settings to ensure they are correct. If everything appears to be correct, then it is possible that the simulation did not produce any results. In this case, you may need to adjust the simulation parameters or run the simulation again.

3. Is this error common in MCNPX simulations?

This error is not uncommon in MCNPX simulations, especially if there are issues with the input data or settings. However, it can also occur if the simulation did not produce any results or if there are problems with the software itself.

4. Can I still obtain useful information from the simulation if this error occurs?

It is possible to obtain useful information from a simulation even if this error occurs. However, it is important to investigate the cause of the error and make any necessary adjustments before relying on the results of the simulation.

5. How can I prevent this error in future simulations?

To prevent this error from occurring in future simulations, it is important to carefully review and verify the input data and settings. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with the MCNPX software and its capabilities in order to avoid potential issues. Additionally, running test simulations and troubleshooting any problems beforehand can help prevent this error from occurring.