1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Every website that a Physics Major should check?

1. Jul 10, 2017 #1

RJLiberator

Gold Member

I had a curious question.

I am wondering where physics majors and physicists obtain their "physics news".

Essentially, I am wondering on any given day/week/month, what are the websites (related to physics) that you check/read?

Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2017 #2
  4. Jul 10, 2017 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Boom.

5. Jul 12, 2017 #4

RJLiberator

Gold Member

Haha, fair enough guys.

But, what about something like phys.org? Is that a credible website for physics news? etc.

6. Jul 12, 2017 #5

radium

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Usually physics today and I always check the arXiv for new papers in my field.

7. Jul 12, 2017 #6
    For quick headline news, yes, but always go the extra step and look at the paper/research the news is based off of. Phys.org usually has a link to it at the bottom.

8. Jul 13, 2017 #7
  9. Jul 13, 2017 #8

TeethWhitener

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

APS also has a highlights section called "Physics," but I think it only includes things that were published in APS journals. Nature and Science both generally have roundups of their favorites from the literature. ACS also publishes (more chemistry-oriented) science highlights in C&E news.

10. Jul 13, 2017 #9

ibkev

Gold Member

11. Jul 20, 2017 #10

ZombieFeynman

Gold Member

I second physicsworld. Physics Today, published by APS, is also a good source, if a bit "fluffy."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted