What major should I choose for a career in quantum physics and job prospects?

  • Topic: Programs 
  • Thread starter Thread starter uni_verse
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Major
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
uni_verse
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello guys,
I am a Software Engineer and am planning to do my major (MS) ...
I like algorithms , mathematics, and have always loved nuclear physics...
I would love to take quantum computation but job prospects right now are very limited. Howver, I would like to come back to this field for research after I have done my MS, landed up a good job, got financially stable and am done up with all my responsibilities..(you get the meaning i hope..)

I try my best to follow up with articles on quantum physics and have always been very interested in this field, But I can't figure out what electives I can take that can provide me a good job right now and later i can come back to research in this field..so the university must have excellent research for algo etc because i blv exposure to research is important..and at the same time a great reputation for getting a job..
I am thinking something along the lines of algorithms, computation and mathematics...Is that the right choice ?

Now that u know my short and long term goals,
Please advice me on the best universities for this??
 
Physics news on Phys.org