Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Insights Examples of Prequantum Field Theories IV: Wess-Zumino-Witten-type Theories - Comments

1. Nov 1, 2015 #1

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2015 #2
    "The bouquet which emanates form these..." should be FROM. Also various pieces of latex didn't compile.

Have you seen any other interesting bouquets? What would happen in the complex analytic world? I see there is some gauge theoretic interest in complex analytic superspaces, $$mathbb{C]^{p|q)$$, such as p. 12 of http://arxiv.org/abs/1507.03048.

4. Nov 3, 2015 #3

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks for catching this! All fixed now.

We had looked a bit into the higher tower of cocycles emanating from a semisimple Lie algebra, which in the first stage yields 3d-Chern-Simons theory on G-gauge fields, in the second stage yields 7d-Chern-Simons theory on String(G)-higher gauge fields, and then in the next stage yields an 11-dimensional CS theory that Hisham argues is related to the "M9-brane".

Yes, superstring perturbation theory in principle is all about complex analytic supergeometry, due to it being all about super Riemann surfaces.

5. Nov 18, 2015 #4
    what's the point of this mystical, arcane stuff? It seems like you've used extremely dense, convoluted language to construct a model that doesn't appear to describe nature.

I'm just a humble biologist here.

6. Nov 18, 2015 #5

bhobba

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

He is a mathematical physicist. Its the type of thing they do - eg delve deeply into the underlying mathematical structure of our theories.

My background is math, and the detail of what he writes is way beyond my present level. But you can still read it and glean bits and pieces here and there that are interesting.

Thanks
    Bill

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted