Excel secondary axis without layout tab

In summary, to add a secondary axis in Excel without the layout tab, you can select the data series, right-click and go to "Format Data Series", and check the box next to "Secondary Axis". If you can't find the layout tab, you can go to the "View" tab and click on "Print Layout" to show it. Alternatively, you can also add a secondary axis by right-clicking on the data series, selecting "Change Series Chart Type", and choosing "Combo" from the left menu. To format the secondary axis without the layout tab, use the Format Axis pane. And for pivot charts, you can add a secondary axis by right-clicking on the chart, selecting "Format Chart Area", and checking
lcr2139
Hello, I am trying to make a graph on excel 2013 with two y axes, and the internet says I should click on the "Layout" tab under the Chart Tools tab, but I do not have that tab. How do I do this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I am used to right-clicking the data series and then choosing Format Data Series | and clicking "Secondary Axis" under Series Options (at the top of the list).

As a side note: A Layout tab only appears when a chart is selected.

1. How do I add a secondary axis in Excel without the layout tab?

To add a secondary axis in Excel without the layout tab, you can follow these steps:

• Select the data series that you want to plot on the secondary axis.
  • Right-click on the data series and select "Format Data Series".
  • In the Format Data Series pane, go to the "Series Options" section and check the box next to "Secondary Axis".
  • The secondary axis will now appear on your chart.

2. Why can't I find the layout tab in Excel to add a secondary axis?

The layout tab may be hidden in Excel if you are using an older version of the program. To show the layout tab, you can go to the "View" tab and click on "Print Layout" in the Workbook Views section.

3. Can I add a secondary axis in Excel without using the layout tab or the Format Data Series pane?

Yes, you can also add a secondary axis in Excel by right-clicking on the data series and selecting "Change Series Chart Type". In the Change Chart Type dialog box, choose "Combo" from the left menu, and then select the chart type for your secondary axis. This will add the secondary axis to your chart.

4. How do I format the secondary axis in Excel without the layout tab?

To format the secondary axis in Excel without the layout tab, you can use the Format Axis pane. Right-click on the secondary axis and select "Format Axis". In the Format Axis pane, you can make changes to the axis labels, tick marks, and other formatting options.

5. Can I add a secondary axis to a pivot chart in Excel without the layout tab?

Yes, you can add a secondary axis to a pivot chart in Excel without the layout tab. Simply right-click on the pivot chart and select "Format Chart Area". In the Format Chart Area pane, go to the "Series Options" section and check the box next to "Secondary Axis". The secondary axis will now be added to your pivot chart.