Expand x^(k+1)/(k+1) - (x-1)^(k+1)/(k+1)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
nmego12345
Messages
21
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Expand x(k+1)/(k+1) - (x-1)(k+1)/(k+1)

Homework Equations


(a+b)m = am + mam - 1b + (mℂ2)am - 2b2 + ... + bm[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution


Here is my solution, I would like to know if it's correct or not

I have the solution in an attached image
 
Attachments
Physics news on Phys.org
nmego12345 said:

Homework Statement


Expand x(k+1)/(k+1) - (x-1)(k+1)/(k+1)

Homework Equations


(a+b)m = am + mam - 1b + (mℂ2)am - 2b2 + ... + bm[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution


Here is my solution, I would like to know if it's correct or not

I have the solution in an attached image
Looks right. Might be better to write it as a sum over an index, i.e. using Σ.