Experienced Medical Physicists looking for employment in Dubai

In summary, the conversation is about two UK state registered medical physicists who are looking to relocate to Dubai and are having difficulty finding jobs online. They are specifically looking for jobs in Dubai and are wondering if there is a website similar to the NHS jobs website in the UK. The person responding is not aware of any specific website, but suggests checking the AAPM blue book. They also suggest contacting individual RT centres in Dubai directly for opportunities.
Toni103
Hi,

My partner and I are both UK state registered medical physicists in radiotherapy. We are currently looking to relocate to Dubai but I'm having difficulty finding any jobs online. I can find plenty for other Emirates but we are specifically looking for Dubai. I know if a physicist was unaware of the nhs jobs website they would miss almost all UK physicist jobs so I wanted to check if there was anything similar for Dubai that I'm missing.

Thanks for any help
Toni

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not aware of anything specifically, though I'm not familiar with jobs in that part of the world. I think occasionally they'll post things on the AAPM blue book.

I'm not sure how many RT centres there are in Dubai, but I'm sure there aren't that many. Your best bet would probably be to contact each centre directly and inquire about opportunities directly from the physics department leads.

Likes CCofADoa

1. How can I find job openings for experienced medical physicists in Dubai?

You can start by searching online job portals such as Indeed, LinkedIn, and GulfTalent. You can also directly visit the websites of hospitals and medical institutions in Dubai to check for any job postings. Networking and reaching out to connections in the industry can also be helpful in finding job opportunities.

2. What are the requirements for working as a medical physicist in Dubai?

The requirements vary depending on the specific job and employer, but in general, you will need a degree in medical physics or a related field, relevant work experience, and a valid license from the Dubai Health Authority (DHA). Some employers may also require additional certifications or specialized training.

3. Are there any language requirements for working as a medical physicist in Dubai?

English is widely used in the healthcare industry in Dubai, so having a good proficiency in English is essential. However, some job postings may also require knowledge of Arabic or other languages commonly spoken in the region.

4. What is the average salary for experienced medical physicists in Dubai?

The average salary for experienced medical physicists in Dubai can range from AED 15,000 to AED 30,000 per month, depending on factors such as education, experience, and job responsibilities. Some employers may also offer additional benefits such as housing allowances and health insurance.

5. What is the job market like for experienced medical physicists in Dubai?

The job market for experienced medical physicists in Dubai is competitive, but there is a growing demand for qualified professionals in the healthcare industry. With the increasing number of hospitals and medical facilities in the region, there are opportunities for career growth and development in this field.