1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Experimental Physics Undergraduate Degree?

1. Oct 23, 2008 #1
    I love the experimenting side of Physics. I know you can't actually major in Experimental Physics so out of a couple degrees which one is most likely to focus on Experimenting. Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, Engineering, Materials Science?

Also, what part of Physics has a high level of Experimenting involved? Like less expensive experiments, not billion dollar ones. Are there certain areas that are more important than others to know in a lab? Electronics, Mechanical, Chemistry? Ultimately, I just want to know what I should be learning about throughout my college years, in classes and on the side. I'm a freshman, and undecided. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2008 #2
    After doing a bit of searching I've discovered that the Condensed Matter field seems pretty close to my interests. Does this sound about right?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?