Exploring the Fundamentals: Understanding Matter and Energy in Particle Physics

• Thread starter planet-75
  • Start date
In summary, Particle Physics is a branch of physics that studies the fundamental building blocks of matter and the forces that govern their interactions. It explores the properties and behavior of particles such as quarks, leptons, and bosons, as well as the four fundamental forces: gravity, electromagnetism, strong nuclear force, and weak nuclear force. Through experiments and theories, particle physicists aim to uncover the underlying principles that govern the behavior of matter and energy at the smallest scales. The study of Particle Physics has led to groundbreaking discoveries and advancements in our understanding of the universe and its origins.
planet-75
I am not a physician or a student and my mathematical background does not include any university or high school level but I am interested in the topic of particle physics anyway. I would like to know more about the characteristics of matter and energy.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Be sure to look for threads in the Physics section that are labeled "B" for basic backgrounds. Those will be the most accessible to you right now. After a little while, you may feel comfortable with the "I" intermediate-level threads. Enjoy!