Express log(25/9) in terms of a and b

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter dragon513
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Log Terms
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
dragon513
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
oops wrong forum! Please move this thread...Q.1 Express in terms of the stated variable. If [tex]a = log (2)[/tex] and [tex]b = log (3)[/tex], what is [tex]log (25/9)[/tex] in terms of [tex]a[/tex] and [tex]b[/tex] ? My work [tex]log (25) - log (9)[/tex] [tex]= 2[log (5) - log (3)][/tex] And I don't know where to go from here. I tried a few different approach but can't seem to get the answer. The answer, by the way, is [tex]2 - 2a - 2b[/tex] I can backtrack from the answer, but I don't know how I would do it without it. Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Use lowercase 't' when writing the 'tex' tag.