Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Extra copies of genes/chromosomes

1. Oct 7, 2009 #1
    Is it possible to make it so that all mutations that contribute to aging are prevented/and or repaired etc through adding and/or having enough copies of genes and/or chromosomes and/or through adding and/or having enough extra copies of genes and/or chromosomes etc or would that not be possible...why/why not..only answer if you are answering as accurately as possible..thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2009 #2

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Why do you have this fascination for aging and mutations? Do you even understand what it means on a cell-biological basis to age?

4. Oct 7, 2009 #3
    Im just OCD and I had some pretty traumatic stuff happen to me so I might have kind of a fear of death now
    no I dnt understand aging I just want to get a cell sequenced so I can view the mutations inside it so if anyone here can sequence cells or anything please let mek now

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  5. Oct 7, 2009 #4

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You are at the wrong place if you want to have a cell sequenced. This discussion has no scientific basis and will be closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook