Faith of Quantum Entanglement once it enters two different black holes

In summary, the article suggests that entangled black holes might exist that resolve the AMPS paradoxes.
lancaster
If I observe two particles that are entangled enter two different black holes and wait, will there eventually be 2 entangled photons radiating out of the black holes or do the black holes take possession of the entanglement as the 2 particles enter their respective black holes and said black holes stay entangled until one of them or both have totally evaporated regardless of what happened to the original "owners" of the entangled state?

If the Black holes are entangled because of the original particles, what happens if one is bigger than the other? How can one of them evaporate quicker than the other one if they are entangled? Or perhaps, would the bigger one evaporate faster in order to "die" exactly at the same time as its entangled smaller black hole? But then if one entered a supermassive black hole and the other a micro black hole with perhaps a trillion years difference in life expectency this would not make much sense...

I could also be very wrong by believing that 2 entangled black holes behave like 2 entangled particles (the entanglement). Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Lancaster.

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
There is no reason to think particles survive an encounter with a black hole

I am not talking about the particles "surviving", I am talking about the entanglement of these two entangled particles entering the black holes. " the connection" between the two black holes.

Last edited:
What is the point of contemplating entanglement between particles that cease to exist?

lancaster said:
I am not talking about the particles "surviving", I am talking about the entanglement of these two entangled particles entering the black holes. " the connection" between the two black holes.

Why would the 2 black holes be "connected" just because they absorbed two entangled particles?

Well from the writtings of Leonard Susskind, 2 black holes that would each absorb 1 of 2 particle entangled the black holes would then be entangled. Since I have no access to Susskind I tought I'd get an answer here.

Last edited:
actually there was an old theory of this with regards to the second law of thermodynamics. LOL not sure why I still had it in my collection of articles.

see equation 12
http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1003/1003.1579.pdf

this article goes into some details as well

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1003/1003.2431.pdf

However as far I know this model isn't particularly accepted, it was one of the older ideas related to information loss and entropy if I recall the details correctly

This article goes into a bit abut the Black hole wars including Susskind's view points, which is different than the articles I posted

http://arxiv.org/ftp/astro-ph/papers/0412/0412101.pdf

Last edited:
Thank you Mordred I'll get to reading it now. Perhaps it will enlighten me.

lol good luck with that it didn't particularly enlighten me, the whole subject of the black hole wars to me made me felt like I was being sucked into one

lancaster said:
Well from the writtings of Leonard Susskind, 2 black holes that would each absorb 1 of 2 particle entangled the black holes would then be entangled. Since I have no access to Susskind I tought I'd get an answer here.

Hmmm... I wonder what states the black holes would be entangled in?

Hello guys I found some amazing information regarding my questions, here for you to have a look at it :

ER=EPR ( very annoying audience )

http://arxiv.org/abs/1306.0533

"General relativity contains solutions in which two distant black holes are connected through the interior via a wormhole, or Einstein-Rosen bridge. These solutions can be interpreted as maximally entangled states of two black holes that form a complex EPR pair. We suggest that similar bridges might be present for more general entangled states.
In the case of entangled black holes one can formulate versions of the AMPS(S) paradoxes and resolve them. This suggests possible resolutions of the firewall paradoxes for more general situations."

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the faith of quantum entanglement once it enters two different black holes?

The fate of quantum entanglement once it enters two different black holes is currently unknown. However, some theories suggest that it may be destroyed due to the extreme conditions inside a black hole, while others propose that it may still exist in some form.

2. Can quantum entanglement travel through a black hole?

There is no evidence to suggest that quantum entanglement can travel through a black hole. The intense gravitational pull and warping of space-time inside a black hole make it unlikely for any form of communication or interaction to occur between the entangled particles.

3. How does quantum entanglement affect the behavior of particles in a black hole?

Quantum entanglement does not directly affect the behavior of particles in a black hole. However, it is believed to play a role in the Hawking radiation that is emitted from a black hole, as well as the information paradox that arises when considering the fate of information inside a black hole.

4. Is quantum entanglement related to the concept of wormholes in black holes?

There is no proven connection between quantum entanglement and wormholes in black holes. While both concepts involve non-local connections and information exchange, they are fundamentally different phenomena and do not directly interact with each other.

5. Can quantum entanglement be used to escape a black hole?

No, quantum entanglement cannot be used to escape a black hole. The intense gravitational pull of a black hole prevents any form of communication or interaction between the entangled particles, making it impossible to use quantum entanglement as a means of escape.