1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fallen Behind and Want to Catch up

1. Oct 1, 2011 #1
    So I have fallen behind by about 5 lectures in Chem, Physics, and Calc in first yr engineering. How do I manage to catch up fast and fully in order to ace the midterms?? tips???

obviously, I study hard and long, but is there any special way???

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2011 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

What do you mean by "fallen behind", exactly? Did you miss those lectures for some reason? If so, find out from your classmates or your professors what was covered in those lectures, and study the corresponding sections of your textbooks especially carefully.

4. Oct 1, 2011 #3
    Yeah, I'm confused by "fallen behind" too. Depending on what that means you may find that you are playing "catch up" through the rest of the semester. Study more, party less.

5. Oct 1, 2011 #4
    Is this for high school and college? If you missed 5 lectures in college then that sucks.. That is a loot of work to catch up with.

If its for high school I'll be glad to give some advice.

1) Copy notes from your friends as jtbell mentioned.
    2) Do a few problems in each sections quickly, and then come back later to reinforce your knowledge. That way you won't miss a whole chapter by the time your midterm comes. You never know how time will fly because that is awfully a lot to catch up on.
    3) Study study studyyyy. This looks like a nightmare scenario.

Can I also ask why you were out for 1-5 weeks (if for college) or 5 classes (if for HS).

6. Oct 2, 2011 #5
    sorry for being unclear. I am in my first year of uni, and I have attended almost all of my lectures. But I havent done any homework or any practice problems. Sometimes I am just lost with what the prof is saying. Most of the time I am just completing assignments, reports, and online quizzes. Until three lectures ago it was review, but now it's new stuff.

7. Oct 2, 2011 #6
    Get out of this subforum and start studying immediately. Make a list of what you're most behind and start with that. If you get stuck go to the homework section and get help or go to your professors/TA's. There is no special answer, it's hard work and you're avoiding it by posting here.

8. Oct 2, 2011 #7
    I need some of that advice too, this forum is becoming the new Facebook to me. I am much more active here than Facebook and sometimes find myself wasting quite a bit of time. But I enjoy it more here, its a community where I can actually have intelligent conversations, that isn't something I can't really have on Facebook.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook