Who is Sigrid? Exploring the Underrated Music of a Young Norwegian Artist

• Thread starter DennisN
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary: I don't know what to choose.I like alternative and classic rock with a few random songs sprinkled in.I like this song. Its really cute.This Requiem of Spirit version is too epic for this world.Let's bring back retro 70's!In summary, the very talented 21 year old Norwegian singer and songwriter Sigrid received a DMCA request to take down the previous "Best songs ever" thread, so she started a new one. She says she cannot pick a favorite song or artist, and that there are too many good songs to choose from. She lists some of her favorite songs and performers, including Boston, Japan, and Paul Simon. She finishes the summary by saying that harmony was a creation of the bar
pinball1970 said:
Its quite odd but I liked it at the time

Here is an odd one I like. I mostly like it because I find it funny.

Likes DennisN and pinball1970
Physics news on Phys.org
Fig Neutron said:
Here is an odd one I like. I mostly like it because I find it funny.

I read the words and I like it but not sure why

Ian Anderson said he never took drugs but its hard see how that's correct watching this. 3.06 Is what I think insanity looks like OR lots of drugs. He was about 22 here but looks about 35. Hes still alive, pretty switched on bloke

Likes Spinnor and Fig Neutron
Evo said:
I love this song.
I just found a nice live version of it. :smile:

Likes Evo

Likes Spinnor
pinball1970 said:
I read the words and I like it but not sure why

Ian Anderson said he never took drugs but its hard see how that's correct watching this. 3.06 Is what I think insanity looks like OR lots of drugs. He was about 22 here but looks about 35. Hes still alive, pretty switched on bloke

Thank you for that I loved Jethro Tull.

You perhaps also like old Traffic?

Likes Spinnor, DennisN, pinball1970 and 1 other person

Last edited:
Likes DennisN
Evo said:
You perhaps also like old Traffic?

Of course Evo! late 60s early 70s was a peak for me and Stevie Winwood one of those bright lights. For great harmony and unusual melody this was my fave from them.

Likes DennisN
Evo said:
Thank you for that I loved Jethro Tull.

No problem they did some great stuff, Mother Goose probably my fave but I wanted to post that vid where he looks a little crazy. Songs from the Wood is a masterpiece too.

All the young guys who are listening to this must be thinking , "what the hell is this?" Well these innovative boundary pushing musicians gave you RAP dance music and all the modern rock and beat music you hear today young people!

in for a penny

Likes Spinnor, david2 and DennisN
david2 said:
/QUOTE]

Listening to this makes me very sad. My friend played my "Black eyed dog" years ago, just one of those lost creative souls. Too sad for me David

Likes david2
@david2, I liked the songs by Nick Drake. I had heard of him, but I don't remember if I had heard anything before.

A completely different Nick:

Likes david2
Likes pinball1970
pinball1970 said:
Songs from the Wood is a masterpiece too.
That is my favorite by him.

pinball1970 said:
All the young guys who are listening to this must be thinking , "what the hell is this?" Well these innovative boundary pushing musicians gave you RAP dance music and all the modern rock and beat music you hear today young people!
I’m 16 and I love the classics and some of the new music.

Likes pinball1970
DennisN said:
A completely different Nick

he is great. I love his songs. thanks for posting.

Fig Neutron said:
That is my favorite by him.

I’m 16 and I love the classics and some of the new music.

16! my lad is older than that! I am one of those older people who thinks they can reference good music and change your world!

thats the it worked for me. Great - you like songs from the wood already? You must be a smart lad ( what did I expect really on a physics forum!)

Great stuff

Likes Fig Neutron

Likes davenn and pinball1970
An alt take on a classic

Another few movie themes from the same album. The singer is Mike Patton, best known perhaps from Faith No More

What have they done to its eyes?

BWV said:
Another few movie themes from the same album. The singer is Mike Patton, best known perhaps from Faith No More

That was very strange and sinister. The Omen and Rosemary's baby scared the hell out of me as a kid.

BWV said:

Just about everything in this video is horrible, its like having a fever induced nightmare as a kid. Twisted distorted diseased perverted evil..make it stop!

Powerful though!

Likes Spinnor and BWV
pinball1970 said:
Ian Anderson said he never took drugs but its hard see how that's correct watching this. 3.06 Is what I think insanity looks like OR lots of drugs.

He is acting for the video! Great stuff! The other guys are pretty laid back.

DennisN said:
And two good songs by Portishead:

I know nothing about this band apart from the name, just shows great music can pass you by if yuo don't have your ears open. I will be looking into this band, I will feedback but sounds very interesting so far.

A little bit of trivia, the guitarist for Queen was also an astrophysicist for NASA.

Likes davenn and Spinnor
Fig Neutron said:

A little bit of trivia, the guitarist for Queen was also an astrophysicist for NASA.

He left his PhD to join Queen in the early 70s, I don't think he ever worked for NASA he was finally awared his doctorate over 30 years after his degree

Likes Fig Neutron
Spinnor said:

So many great films to chose from, I think this piece of music is my favourite

Spinnor said:

You could do a whole thread on this, movie themes best music from a film best classical arrangement for a film...here is a quick three that spring to mind

Spinnor said:

I can't find the last one, its Debussy from the "The Birds" Hitchcock Tippi Hedren so youl have to take my word for it

and this of course is awesome - blood dance!

Likes Spinnor
No one used classical music better than Kubrick

Likes pinball1970
BWV said:
No one used classical music better than Kubrick

You posted this Handel early doors, Its an epic piece of music (if a little repetitive here and there!)

how'd I miss this!?

The ones that have the film as the avatar are not correct - this is the proper one

Likes david2, davenn and Spinnor
Last one, featured in Halloween (first one)

Likes Spinnor and david2
pinball1970 said:
He left his PhD to join Queen in the early 70s, I don't think he ever worked for NASA he was finally awared his doctorate over 30 years after his degree

Sorry, you’re correct. I did some research he didn’t work for NASA, but he was a collaborator on the New Horizons probe.

Likes pinball1970