Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News FBI chief says Russia hacked Republican Party computers

1. Jan 12, 2017 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

This will be interesting to follow.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/polit...rom-some-republican-1484084353-htmlstory.html

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 13, 2017 #2
    'cyberattacks' are in the news these days ..... I don't believe it , some weird political game is being played... they are telling us the grid is vulnerable , nuke power plants are at risk!

Can someone tell me why anyone in their right mind would connect the control of a nuke power plant to an open phone line , that anyone can hack into if they get the passwords ....technicians inside the plant control things ... no need for an outside link!

4. Jan 13, 2017 #3

nsaspook

Science Advisor

It doesn't look like they didn't found anything interesting on the obsolete RNC domain that I read was only used for political event notifications by Graham and a few other senators when the new RNC servers were online.
    It helps not to have people like Weiner with a password of p@ssw0rd using your systems.o0)
    Edit by mod: deleted link to unapproved source.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/comey-republicans-hacked-russia/

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2017
  5. Jan 13, 2017 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I'm going to close this so it doesn't go off topic, apparently the Russian hacking is widespread, not surprised. No sign of hacking doesn't necessarily mean no access if they had could get in from other computers that had access. That's just one way. But I'm sure it's being looked into.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook