Fibonacci Spiral: is this photoshopped?

• Thread starter murshid_islam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Spiral
In summary, the conversation discusses an image of a woman standing in front of a Fibonacci spiral. Some believe the image is photoshopped due to the laws of physics, while others comment on the beauty of the mathematics. The use of photoshop is confirmed, but there is debate over whether the water and girl in the image are real or not.
murshid_islam
Is this possible? Or is it photoshopped? [PLAIN]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8440/fibonacci.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
She looks real to me

murshid_islam said:
Is this possible? Or is it photoshopped?

[PLAIN]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8440/fibonacci.jpg[/QUOTE]

Although we can all see the beauty of mathematics in this image, the laws of physics say to me that it is photoshopped.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's photoshopped too. To bad, I would love it if it were real...

+1 on Photoshopped. She has a shadow, but the water stream does not.

Photoshopped, but I'm having difficulty concentrating on the water...

What water?

:rofl: nucleus. The water and the girl are real. The rectangles are photo shopped.

Is it giving too much away to ask, "what Fibonacci spiral"?

Last edited:

1. What is a Fibonacci Spiral?

A Fibonacci Spiral is a mathematical pattern that follows the Fibonacci sequence, where each number is the sum of the two preceding numbers. It is often seen in nature, such as in the arrangement of leaves on a stem or the spiral pattern of a nautilus shell.

2. How is the Fibonacci Spiral related to photography?

In photography, the Fibonacci Spiral is used as a compositional tool to create a visually pleasing and balanced image. It can be found in the placement of subjects within the frame or in the overall composition of the photograph.

3. How can you tell if a photograph contains a Fibonacci Spiral?

A photograph containing a Fibonacci Spiral will have a spiral pattern that follows the Fibonacci sequence. The spiral can be easily identified by tracing a path from the center of the spiral to the outer edge, where the distances between the lines follow the sequence.

4. Is it possible to create a Fibonacci Spiral using Photoshop?

Yes, it is possible to create a Fibonacci Spiral using Photoshop. There are various tutorials and tools available that can help you create a perfect spiral following the Fibonacci sequence.

5. Can a Fibonacci Spiral be used to edit or alter a photograph?

No, a Fibonacci Spiral cannot be used to edit or alter a photograph. It is simply a compositional tool used to create a visually pleasing image. Any edits or alterations to a photograph would need to be done manually using photo editing software.