Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Finally Some Answers - Alien: Covenant

1. May 18, 2017 #1
    Have you guys seen the trailers yet for Alien: Covenant? While I'm not overly fond of the Horror genre I have to admit that the first time I saw the alien pilot corpse in the original Alien I couldn't help but to want to know more... much more about his/her/its backstory. The newest episode looks like it may finally resolve much of what was hinted at originally and unsatisfying in Prometheus.

2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2017 #2
    Just saw the new movie. It was pretty good. What do you mean by "alien pilot corpse"? Both Prometheus and Alien: Covenant should answer most of your questions.

4. May 18, 2017 #3

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I take it you did not see the original Alien movie.

5. May 19, 2017 #4
    No, I did. Is he referring to the Engineer that had its chest ripped open (Presumably from a chestburster)? Because that's what it is, an Engineer (The white humanoids from Prometheus). I don't remember them referring to it as a pilot. Maybe they did, I just don't remember.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  6. May 19, 2017 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Ah. I, for some reason, had the immediate impression that it was the pilot. There might even have BEEN a reason but I've forgotten.

7. May 19, 2017 #6
    In the new one you'll see that most of the "corpse" was the "armor" the Engineers wore. (You can see an Engineer putting it on in online footage I saw yesterday somewhere.)

8. Jun 2, 2017 #7
    Saw it last night and was immensely disappointed. The stupidity of space scientists in this one is off the charts ridiculous. The film couldn't decide if it wanted to tell the possibly interesting back story of the series or be the classic horror thriller. It failed in both aspects. Watered down on both ends. Not scary either. Fassbender is a great character, everyone else forgettable.

9. Jun 2, 2017 #8
    And the crew jumps out of their shuttle onto a world they know nothing about, in soft clothes. No hazmat suits, no space suits. "Infect me! Infect me!"

10. Jun 2, 2017 #9

RonL

Gold Member

I have the impression that it is the image at 47:15 of this video ?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted