Find Final Diameter of 30m Aluminum Bar (172MPa)

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter Joe_1234
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Joe_1234
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
A 30 m long aluminum bar having a diameter of 50 mm is subjected to a tensile stress of 172 MPa. Find the final diameter of the aluminum bar if E=69116MPa and Poisson's ratio=0.4?
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hi Joe_1234,

I saw you posted your question in the "Problem of the Week" forum, but I am sorry, that forum is meant ONLY for directors to post a problem on weekly basic. Do you mean to provide a challenge problem for our members to attempt at a solution, or do you mean to ask for help there?

As a temporary measure, I have moved your thread to other forum, assuming you wanted to get some help to answer the problem. :)