Find first derivative of given function and express answer in fully si

In summary, the first derivative of a function is used to represent the rate of change of the function at a specific point and can be found using various rules or graphically. It differs from the second derivative, which shows how the first derivative is changing over time. To express the first derivative in fully simplified form, constants should be simplified and like terms should be combined. It can also be used to find the maximum and minimum points of a function by analyzing the critical points.
digidako
G(x)=3x * (1-2x^2)^-1/3

See attached photo for my proof, I'm sure its not right.

Attachments

• CAM00057.jpg
    CAM00057.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 444
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Whoops! No attachment.

It won't let me upload my image. Says I need to contact an admin

There, attachment has been uploaded. sorry about that

Nothing ?

Check your cancellations. Remember, you can only cancel one thing with another if they are multiplied together

1. What is the purpose of finding the first derivative of a function?

The first derivative of a function represents the rate of change of the function at any given point. It can be used to find the slope of a tangent line, determine critical points, and analyze the behavior of the function.

2. How do you find the first derivative of a given function?

The first derivative of a function can be found by using the power rule, product rule, quotient rule, or chain rule, depending on the type of function. The derivative can also be found graphically by calculating the slope of a tangent line at a specific point.

3. What is the difference between the first derivative and the second derivative?

The first derivative represents the rate of change of a function, while the second derivative represents the rate of change of the first derivative. In other words, the second derivative shows how the first derivative is changing over time.

4. How do you express the answer for a first derivative in fully simplified form?

To express the answer for a first derivative in fully simplified form, you need to simplify any constants and combine like terms. If there are any negative exponents, use the power rule to bring them to the denominator. The final answer should not have any fractions or negative exponents.

5. Can the first derivative be used to find the maximum and minimum points of a function?

Yes, the first derivative can be used to find the maximum and minimum points of a function. The critical points, where the first derivative is equal to zero or undefined, can indicate where these points occur. This information can be used to analyze the behavior of the function and determine its extreme values.