Find Max P04 in MATLAB for i, j, and k values using 8x89x89 matrix

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 10K views
ADunn
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
In MATLAB I have a function which calculates P04 for different values of i,j, and k providing a 8x89x89 matrix of values. I am trying to find the max P04 for each value of i and the corresponding j and k values.

Here are my for loops:

for i = 1:1:8;
M1(i) = 2+0.1*i;
for j = 1:1:89;
betaA(j) = j*pi/180;

for k = 1:1:89;
betaB(k) = k*pi/180;

[P04(i,j,k)] = Mach3(M1(i),betaA(j), betaB(k),P01);

end
end

[c(i),I] = max(P04(i,j,k));

end
I tried:

[c(i),I] = max(P04(i,j,k)); (as above)

and

[val(i),ind]= max(P04(i,j,k));

both gave me a max value of zero and did not give me the indices.

Thanks for any help!
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
ADunn said:
[c(i),I] = max(P04(i,j,k));
P04(i,j,k) is a single element of an array. The entire array must be passed to the max function
[c(i),I] = max(P04);